The Ship to Shore Connector (SSC) is an air-cushioned vehicle whose mission is in support of an Operational Maneuver from the Sea (OMFTS) to land service assault elements, at over-the-horizon distances. These crafts will operate from amphibious ships and mobile landing platforms.
The SSC is the U.S. Navy and Marine Corps’ next generation of the Landing Craft, Air Cushion (LCAC) with enhancements to include more powerful engines with greater fuel efficiency, enclosed personnel transport modules, larger payload traveling at speeds of more than 35 knots, improved skirt design, and corrosion-resistant aluminum. CHAND is supporting Textron on behalf of Integration Logistics Support (ILS) by performing analyses to improve Total Ownership Cost (TOC).
As a result of TOC, CHAND is providing the following support:
- Provisioning Technical Documentation (PTD)
- Allowance Parts Lists (APLs)
- Allowance Equipage Lists (AELs)
- Reliability Centered Maintenance (RCM)
- Configuration Management
- System Manuals
- Commercial Off The Shelf Materials (COTS)
- Technical Repair Standards (TRS)